Recipe: Melon, Fig and Prosciutto Salad
- ½ cantaloupe or Tuscan melon, peeled and seeded
- 4 figs, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- 1 large shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon basil, julienned (or I used tiny leaved bush basil)
- 1 tablespoon mint, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons balsamic glaze
- kosher salt
- Cut the cantaloupe into chunks or cut them into French fry sized pieces like I did. Arrange them on a platter with the figs and the pieces of prosciutto.
- Sprinkle the salad with the shallots and the basil and mint. Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic glaze and then sprinkle with a little kosher salt. Serve immediately.